Top 15 Hiking Boots For Roofing In The Market
In this article, we talk about top hiking boots for roofing. A roofer’s job is not that easy it has its own set of risks that too on a regular basis. So, every roofer must be extra cautious in choosing their work boots. A roofer cannot just wear normal shoes, sandals, sports shoes or slippers. Normally a roofer’s shoe must give them the confidence of not tripping or falling off from the roof. Above all, these boots must help the roofers in climbing up the roofs. Staying on your feet is the key so roofers should invest in a good pair of roofing work boots.
The workplace is not flat, moreover, it might be a steep wet floor with small stones or leaves. Sometimes it may also be a steel metal roof. While working a roofer may experience any sudden movement of birds which in turn may cause instability. Roofing shoes for shingles are also available.
Factors to consider while picking a good roofing work boot
- Durable, thick, slip-resistant outsole so that it can withstand endless abrasion from the shingles and tar used on a roof.
- The midsole of the footwear should provide shock-absorption and add further protection.
- Insoles must have extra cushioning so that the roofer is comfortable. Roofer boots should be lightweight as heavy boots might slow down the walk.
- Upper material must be soft yet sturdy and should be breathable as roofers work for long hours.
- Roofers need good ankle support for extra stability and balance on steep inclines or uneven slopes.
Therefore, with these factors in mind, below is the list of boots that are good for roofers.
Top 15 Hiking Boots For Roofing In The Market 2020
Hi-Tec Men’s Bandera Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
These waterproof hiking boots are made from pure leather. This gives an attractive look to the shoes. The sole is made from rubber and thus makes it comfortable to wear. The molded insole can be removed for cleaning purposes. Other striking features include Lace-up hiking boot containing suede overlays and striped nylon straps. One can spot the company logo on the tongue and heel of the shoes. Further, a steel shank is present for the purpose of stability and support.
- Available in three colors bone, brown, and mustard.
- Designed to perfection thus providing maximum comfort.
- They are waterproof
- Sturdy and fit well
- Bit heavy boots.
2. Skechers Men’s Relment-Traven Hiking Boot
These hiking boots are very comfy, durable, warm, and waterproof. Skechers boots offer good stability on uneven trails. Its outer layer is made of leather and inside it has a synthetic sole. This boot is classified under medium-weight hikers. In addition to this, you can try these boots for long hikes. Heft is available and helps in a relaxed long hour walking. Skechers memory foam provides an even distribution of balance.
- Impressive design and build quality.
- They are waterproof boots.
- Keep your feet dry and warm in cold climatic conditions.
- Not checked with sub-zero temperatures yet
- In-sole padding is thin in nature.
- It comes only in one color-Black.
3. Thorogood Men’s American Heritage Lace-To-Toe Roofer Boots
The Thorogood brand is famous for its high-quality work boots. To start with, these boots, offer a good grip irrespective of the place you are climbing. Sturdy leather covers the exterior of these roofer boots. The triple stitching in addition to the rivets makes these boots more attractive. They have a rubber sole and it is shock and oil resistant. These lace-to-toe roofer boots are Made in the USA. It can be picked to use in very steep concrete slope walls and steel girders/beams. Read review on Thorogood Boots.
- Full foot ease and support
- Unique lacing design
- Hard-wearing construction
- More grip on all roofing surfaces
- Inclined to run a little narrow in size
- Require cleaner and conditioner for maintaining
4. Timberland PRO Men’s Barstow Wedge Work Boot
These boots are exclusively built for roofing. Attractively colored full-grain leather and a strong Goodyear welt structure give this boot a prominent appearance. Moreover, its wedge outsole provides Slip, oil, and abrasion-resistant. In addition to this the EVA midsole cushions every step. Anti-fatigue technology along with mesh lining keeps the feet dry and comfortable. The triple stitching assures the durability of the boots.
- Anti-fatigue technology
- Exceptional moisture control
- Strong wedge sole
- Amazing value
- Available only in brown color
- Affects the heal during initial use
5. Irish Setter Men’s 6″ 83605 Work Boot
Irish Setter is a comfortable, supportive boot with waterproof leather uppers and a slip-resistant rubber sole. Soft soles maintain a good grip and traction and can be employed while working on a smooth metal roof. Moreover, these soles are electrical-resistant and capable of withstanding heat up to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. The blend of 6″ lace-up work boot with USA-manufactured full-grain leather and a rubber-EVA outsole lets the boots to be used in hot climatic conditions.
- Heat-Resistant outsole
- Features good fit
- Non-Woven Nylon Lining Vamp
- Boots have small toe-box
- Maintenance required after every use
6. Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift 6″ Plain Soft Toe Work Boot
They are known to provide excellent support on the feet and ankles. These toe work leather boots are long-lasting. The Lace-up work boot comprising Climasphere sock liner and the padded collar is also present. In addition to this, there is a Nylon Mesh Lining for further breathability and comfort. While the shaft measures approximately 6.5″ from arch.
- Protect from electrical hazards
- Keeps the feet cool and dry
- Can have additional in-sole cushioning
- Tongue shapes alter
7. Thorogood Men’s American Heritage 8″ Moc Toe – Safety Toe
Manufactured in the USA, the Thorogood American Heritage work boots suit roofers. Roofers have been using it as it is breathable and waterproof. Normally a roofer works in open fighting both sun and rain. This Men’s American Heritage 8″ Moc Toe – Safety Toe does not fade due to sun exposure. Further, roofers can use these boots on sloped roofs as it provides a strong grip. The cushion footbeds maintain feet’s comfort. A steel cap at the toe guards your feet from sharp edges on a roof.
- The wedge style synthetic outsole is slip-resistant
- Unisex roof boots
- Available in two colors
- Not waterproof
- Stinks when wet
- Stitching is not good enough
8. Wolverine Men’s Moc-Toe 6″ Work Boot
These work boots have all the features that are required for a roofing job. The quality of this boot is extraordinary which makes you pick one. A wedge-style sole, oil and water-resistant outsole, shock-absorbing footbed, comfortable springy midsole, and Goodyear welt construction make these perfect for roofing. Secondly, these boots are available in three unique colors. The classic design and contrast stitching make these boots more attractive.
- Provides extra-ordinary comfort
- Lightweight in nature
- Collars are padded
- Not suitable for long-distance walking
- Quality of the outer bottom sole is not good
9. Timberland PRO Men’s Wedge Sole 6″ Boot
Timberland Pro wedge sole work boots furnish all the nice look and design that makes you stand out in the crowd. Roofers find it easy to pick this Timberland PRO Men’s Wedge Sole 6″ Boot as they get satisfied with its features. Moreover, these boots make standing and walking on roofs easy. Breathable leather upper, wedge style sole, high shaft, slip & electric shock-resistant rubber outsole, comfortable Eva midsole, and lace-up lacing system make these boots a complete package as roofing work boots.
- Excellent comfort level
- Value for money
- Leather is soft
- Antimicrobial interior
- Few manufacturers defect
- Not fit for snow
- Non-steel toe
10. Maelstrom Zion Men’s 6″ Earth Brown Waterproof Work Boot
Maelstrom work boots are manufactured in the USA and great craftsmanship is practiced here. Above all, its uniqueness is that it is electric shockproof, slip-resistant on both oil & water, and abrasion-resistant. These boots are known for their traction and grip. The upper is of top-quality leather which is entirely waterproof and breathable. It can withstand all tough climatic conditions like snow, rain, and sleet. Moreover, these boots are offered in both soft toe and composite toe options.
- Good Water-resistant
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Great fit for wide feet
- Long lifespan
- Poor bottom sole
11. Rhino 60S21 6 Inch Steel Toe Safety Work Boot – Black
This safety work boot is ASTM F2413-05 I/75 C/75 approved. Rhino’s boots are sturdy and safe that have first-rate qualities making it among the best boots available for roofing construction work. Meanwhile, it also has a steel toe that protects while working. To improve comfort and stability, a padded collar and tongue are present. These boots also have approved protection against electrical hazards.
- Great boots for the price
- Durability is above par
- This footwear offers good grip and slip-resistant
- Sole of the boots rip off quickly
- Outer layer quality is poor
12. Red Wing Heritage Men’s Classic Moc 6″ Boot
This classic boot from Red Wing is a breathable and durable wedge sole work boot that is widely preferred by roofers. It spots a rugged look and has an upper layer made of leather. This brand of roofer boots is available in seven different colors so one can make their own color choice. The footbed comes with wicking moisture technology. The moc toe maintains the shape of the boot and also improves the comfort level.
- Multipurpose boots
- Fits as expected
- The breathable yet rugged appearance
- Costly boots
- Too narrow in the toe
13.KEEN Utility Men’s Milwaukee Wide Work Boot
Keen Utility Milwaukee Wide Work Boot is well-known for its remarkable and comfortable fit along with high grip durable outsole. The toe area is very spacious even though it has a protective steel toe cap. These heavy boots can be used in both rough, hot, and cold conditions. In short, Keen Utility Milwaukee Wide Work Boot can be used for long-time working hours.
- Very comfortable insole.
- Wide inner space
- These boots are firmer and last long
- These boots are not insulated
- Heavy boots
14.EVER BOOTS “Ultra Dry” Men’s Premium Leather Waterproof Work Boots Insulated Rubber Outsole
These boots are one of the best roofing boots available in the market. It has an insulated rubber outsole and is water-resistant. The remarkable feature of these boots is that they have speedy hooks and back loop pull for quick and easy wear. Apart from roofing work they can be used for heavy-duty construction, gardening, landscaping, outdoor hiking, and farming. Therefore, they are termed as solid boots because of their durability.
- Multipurpose shoe
- Comfortable and lightweight to wear
- Rubber sole provides good traction
- Size fits as expected
- Takes time for initial break-in
15.Skechers Men’s Holdredge Rebem Work Boot
Men’s Holdredge Rebem Work Boot from Skechers is made of 100% leather. The shaft measures roughly 4.75″ from arch. Other features include a rubber sole and memory foam. The design is catchy with the ankle height lace-up design. These boots from Skechers are steel safety toe certified. Therefore, they protect from sudden impact or compression. In addition to this, they also provide a secondary level of protection on electrical hazards.
- Attractive design and outer look
- Certified protection and guarantee
- This footwear is true to size and fits well
- Available in three different colors
- Takes time to wear as the laces bind down tight
- Very stiff boots
- Laces tear quickly