What are the Top Toolboxes for Plumbers?
In this guide know more about best toolboxes for plumbers which will last long. In the olden times, plumbers had to set together with each tool and instruments piece by piece for work. But now, things are different. There are customized tool kits available. These tool kits essentially have all the basic equipment required for tradesmen such as plumbers, carpenters, electricians, etc.
Importance of tool boxes or tool bags
Now, it is necessary that plumbers or any tradesmen for that matter, to have easy access to their tools. Imagine if a plumber has to remember and pick up each and every piece of tool or equipment for work every morning before heading for work! That is ideally the reason why tool boxes or tool bags were invented.
The features of a toolbox or bag are as follows:
- These are boxes specially designed to hold specific working tool and device.
- There are designated spots for each tool, including small contents like screws.
- These boxes or bags are designed in such a way that they can hold all the required “basic” tools in the work.
- They are easy to carry and convenient to handle
- All tools are arranged for easy access while at work. That literally means that the plumber doesn’t have to work up and down towards the tools every time. They can simply place the toolbox near them while at work.
Top Plumbers Tool Boxes Comparison
Our pick of the top and best-selling bags and tool boxes for plumbers
Waterloo Portable Series Tool Box – Plastic
This toolbox from Waterloo, an American brand, is made of lightweight and industrial-strength plastic. Being made of plastic, the box is extremely durable and lasts for long. The box is engineered and designed to hold all required tools and instruments, including the smallest of contents. It has a comfortable grip handle that allows holding the box with a single hand. The full-width piano hinge pins are the highlight of this box. They allow trouble-free opening and closing. The black toolbox is inexpensive, yet handy and of high quality. This is a rainproof toolbox and not fully waterproof toolboxes
- Made of high-quality Polyester / Polypropylene
- Very durable
- Sturdy and strong
- Not convenient to hold heavy tools
- Cannot hold long tools
Faithfull Metal Cantilever Tool Box – (17In) 5 Tray
If you feel that a plastic toolbox isn’t enough to carry your heavy equipment and tools, then take a look at this toolbox. This metal cantilever tool box from Faithfull is made from steel and is fit for all plumber jobs. The side collapsible box can be opened and closed using the steel handles. You can lower and lift the box as you control using the handles. This 5 tray toolbox comes in a dashing red color and is of the right size to hold almost all tools required.
- Made of thick steel
- Powder cost finish for durability
- 5 tray for more storage
- Fit for rough use
- No latch or padlock to hold the top closed
DEWALT DWST17814 TSTAK Deep Toolbox with Long Handle
It is almost always that a plumber has to carry long and tall tools or devices for work. Under such circumstances, it is important to have a deep toolbox fit for this purpose. This toolbox from Dewalt is just the perfect choice. The construction is such that it has extra-large volume for large tools storage. It is made of heavy-duty high-quality material for rough use and durability. The long handle enables to easily carry the box while heavy.
- Made of high-quality heavy-duty material
- Extra large volume for large tools
- Bi-material on each unit for easy lifting
- Side latches for the unit to be stacked to other task modules
- The hinges are not as durable as expected
Stanley 028001L 28-Inch Structural Foam Toolbox
This toolbox from Stanley, an American brand, is durable, versatile and secure. It is ideal to carry power tools, heavy hand gear, and other items. It is made of structural foam and is a great choice for heavy-duty storage. The patented watertight seal protects your tools. It is great to carry medium to large materials. The toolbox is easy to handle and convenient to use.
- Made of structural foam- very durable
- V-groove on the lid for cutting and measuring
- Watertight seal
- Portable half tray
- Rust-resistant metal latches
- Too large to carry around
Keter 241008 Masterloader Plastic Portable Rolling Organizer Tool Box
If you are looking for a toolbox that is great for storage and portability, then this box from Keter is the best choice. It has maximum space to accommodate all tools and divider for easy organization. This tote is sturdy and easy to roll for mobility. It can carry heavy equipment are is a great solution for simple organization of even the rarely used tools.
- Made of high-quality plastic
- Integrated organizer with dividers
- The central auto locking mechanism
- Extendable handle
- 7“rubber wheels for easy mobility
- Quite Expensive
- Too large to carry around
Homak 20-Inch 2-Drawer Ball-Bearing Toolbox
Another version of the toolbox that is a favorite among plumbers is the 2-drawer ball-bearing toolbox from Homak. The box is made of industrial strength steel for strength and durability. It allows easy n=mobility with the handle. The drawers can be locked using the double latching system. It includes enough storage space.
- Slip-proof mats for each drawer
- Double latch system
- Top storage area
- Made of high-quality steel
- Drawers slide open too easily
Nicholas 22015 15-Inch Collapsible Tote
If you find carrying a box as a difficult issue, then a soft collapsible tote is an alternative. This quintessentially is a toolbox in function but made of a softer material for easy handling and convenience. This open tool tote is sturdy and just as handy as any tough tool box.
- Made of high-quality fabric
- Well-known brand
- 14 exterior pockets
- Sturdy foam padded handle
- Tapered pocket design
- Doesn’t hold up well like a plastic or metal tool box
Rugged Tools Tradesman Tool Backpack
What could be more convenient than a backpack designed specifically to carry around all the necessary tools for the job! The heavy-duty job site bag from Rugged is a perfect storage and organizer for a tradesman like a plumber.
- Made of Heavy Duty 1680 Denier Polyester
- Semi-hard shell case
- Padded shoulder straps
- Sternum strap to balance and distribute weight
- Back lumbar support
- Total of 28 pockets
- Zipper doesn’t hold up well while full.
WORKPRO 156-Piece Home Repair Tool Set
This is a complete tool kit featuring 156 pieces of essential tools required for any job, including plumbing. The kit from Workpro has long lasting tools with a lifetime warranty. The tool kit also includes a wide-open mouth tool bag, which is perfect for storage and organization.
- 156 tools fit for maintenance and daily use.
- Anti-corrosive and chrome finish in tools
- Highly durable and safe to use
- Lifetime warranty for the tools
- Nylon zipper bag included
- Soft padded handles for easy carry
- Doesn’t include all tools for plumber job
- Ultimate Guide To Roofing Underlayment 2022 | Choose the Best Roof Underlayment - September 21, 2021
- Best Black Friday & Cyber Monday Tool Belts Deals 2021 - December 2, 2019
- Milwaukee Rolling Tool Bag Review & Features(2022) - October 29, 2019