Best Roofing Shoes Reviews
Roofers get confused when picking their roofing shoes. It is because of the variety of roofing shoes. One must choose the best roofing shoe according to their requirements. There are few factors to consider while looking for these roofing shoes. Normally, a roofer’s job is tough and dangerous. They work for long hours every day. The slopes may be slippery plywood roofing or roofers may work on metal roofing. So, the type of shoes they wear to decide on their safety level. Inadequate shoes may tear out quickly or might be slippery while walking on the roofs.
To lower the chances of slipping off the roof, roofing shoes are manufactured to survive steep inclines. At the same time, they must also be comfortable. Recently, the roofing shoes are classified as magnetic roofing shoes, tennis roofing shoes, and bed foam roofing shoes. Best roofing shoes might help the roofers to concentrate more on their work and thus the roofing job is completed quickly. This article helps roofers to buy the correct roofing shoes. Therefore, it serves as a guide explaining several types of roofing shoes, their features, pros, and cons. Own the best roofing shoe and carry on DIY projects of installing roofs.
Top 20 Best Roofing Shoes Reviews In The Market 2020 Comparison
Reebok Men’s Crossfit Nano 8.0 Flexweave Sneaker
This sneaker from Reebok rose to fame among the roofers after being compared with Cougar Paws. After further testing roofers came to know that Reebok sneaker was a step ahead than the Cougar Paws. Many roofers consider Reebok Crossfit Nano as the best roofing shoes besides Cougar Paws. The Crossfit has a flat sole made of rubber. These shoes are flexible and lightweight. Roofers prefer these sneakers while working on steel roofs. They provide excellent grip and are among the best non-slip roofing shoes. Besides, roofers can use them even on hot summer days as this Crossfit is extra breathable.
- Best roofing shoes for asphalt and metal roofs.
- There is a wide toe box so these boots are comfortable.
- Secure lace-up closure and moreover these shoes are available in many colors.
- Multipurpose shoes so it is used by roofers, roof painters, roof and home inspectors.
- It cannot be used on high volume foot.
2. Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Waterproof Hiking Shoe
The uniqueness of these hiking shoes is that roofers can even use them on steep slopes. So, roofers can take advantage of its remarkable gripping. Merrell Waterproof Hiking Shoe has excellent durability. It features a rubber made Vibram outsole. Further, a rubber toe cap is there to protect the roofer’s toe from hitting any sharp objects. Also, these shoes are waterproof and the presence of mesh lining permits airflow inside the shoes on hot days. Thus, roofers can use these shoes during winter or summer.
- Grip shoes for roofing.
- Water-resistant and Good heel support.
- Flexible and roofers can wear for a long duration.
- Waterproof models are pricier.
3. Irish Setter Men’s 6″ 83605 Work Boot
Roofers can use Irish Setter for walking on metal roofing. The outer layer of these boots is made of waterproof leather. Soft rubber soles are slip-resistant and also uphold a good grip and traction. Besides, they have electrical-resistant soles and meets ASTM F2413-11 safety. The soles are also heat-resistant and are capable of withstanding heat up to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. The Irish setter is one of the best roofing shoes for shingles. Finally, the manufacturer enhances the style of these boots with the 6” lace-up work.
- Both electrical and heat-resistant outsole.
- Affordable roofing shoes.
- A small toe-box adds to the discomfort.
- Requires additional cleaning after every use.
4. Adidas NEO Men’s SE Daily Vulc Lifestyle Skateboarding Shoe
Adidas is a renowned name in the footwear industry but not in roofing shoes. It is the second-largest sportswear firm in Europe. Roofers use the Adidas NEO SE as a non-traditional work shoe. The shoes have an adhesive rubber sole and also a rubber toe guard. The denim upper along with the 3 leather strips adds to the attractiveness of these roofing shoes. It also comprises of a Cloud foam Sock liner for comfort and lightweight cushioning. So, roofers who work for 10-16 hours per day benefit from the extra cushioning. Besides, Adidas Neo SE has a soft fabric flat lacing system that stays tight. Roofers feel connected to the roof as they feel like barefoot shoes. Thus, they are tough and solid shoes for any type of roof surface.
- Comfortable lightweight shoes with solid support.
- Available in many colors and textures.
- Easy to clean after long use.
- Hard-wearing materials and good craftsmanship.
- It features a thin sole.
- Size runs large and less arch support.
5. Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift 6″ Plain Soft Toe Work Boot
Caterpillar shoes offer exceptional support on the ankles and feet. These lace-up soft-toe work boots in leather are durable. Further, it features a speed lacing shaft, plush logoed collar, and hex-shaped grommets. In addition to this, there is a Nylon Mesh lining to enhance comfort and breathability. Special sizes are available for standard and wide sized feet. The outsole is oil-resistant.
- Protect from electrical hazards.
- Presence of Goodyear welt construction.
- Keeps the feet aerated and dry.
- Caterpillar’s in-sole cushioning can be improved.
- After long usage, the tongue shapes changes.
6. XTRATUF Performance Series 6″ Men’s Full Rubber Ankle Deck Boots
Roofers who live and work in a place that receives a lot of rain, experience cold temperature and humidity lookout for these shoes. So, they are the most preferred and roofer’s best shoes in cold conditions. Roofers and other contractors from Alaska use Xtratuf Full Rubber Ankle Deck footwear while installing metal roofing and are very contented. The shoes offer a good grip even on wet surfaces. One can use these boots on slippery roofs. Above all, these ankle deck boots are available in a wide variety of low-cut to high-cut styles, colors, and sizes.
- Durable boots in wet climatic conditions.
- Fantastic solid boots at affordable kind of prices.
- The outsole’s material can be thickened.
7. Timberland PRO Men’s Powertrain Sport Alloy-Toe EH Industrial & Construction Shoe
Timberland PRO built the athletic work shoes with attention on work-ready protection and lightweight performance. They also manufacture quality workwear and meet the demands of the people working in hard and demanding environments. This Sport alloy shoe is made of Ripstop nylon and also features a synthetic sole. The outsole with the built-in anti-fatigue technology keeps the foot comfortable all through the day. Both soft-toed shoes and steel-toe shoes are available. So, one can choose the required shoes according to their need. These shoes meet ASTM F2413-11, ASTM F2412-11, and ASTM F2892-11 electrical hazard standards. Therefore, they offer safety against the risks of walking on electrical parts, live electrical circuits.
- Best shoes to overcome foot fatigue.
- Comfortable, flexible, and lightweight work shoes.
- Excellent toe protection.
- One of the best shoes for metal roofing.
- The quality of the insoles can be improved.
- Poor ventilation.
8. RAX Men’s Mid Multifunctional V-tex Waterproof Hiking Boots Outdoor Shoes
Rax is a subsidiary corporation of Taiya. It focusses on comfortable, lightweight, and stylish hiking shoes. It also combined outdoor sports into tiring city life and pledges a fit lifestyle free walking. The v-tex water-resistant nanofiber outer membrane provides an extra block against water. But it is breathable to use all through the day. RAX shoes have triangle lugs and they provide good traction and grip. Besides, it uses both leather+TPU piece dual toe protection. Thus, it covers up the toe for shielding the fragile shoe toe. Above all, these shoes have a Sand-against Shoe Tongue to prevent sand from getting inside the shoe.
- Water-resistant upper sole with TPU toe protection.
- Lightweight and cushion footbed.
- Antiskid and multifunctional boots.
- Available in four colors.
- Users face sizing problems.
9. Thorogood Men’s Crosstrex Series – Oxford Waterproof, Composite Safety Toe Hiker
Thorogood also contributes to the category of shoes. Is difficult terrain, bad weather, or hard jobs delaying your performance? Then, just try these Thorogood Men’s Crosstrex Series. They provide the extra grip of a perfect work boot and the comfort of a sports shoe. As known, Thorogood is identified for its craftsmanship, coziness, and innovation. The presence of new composite safety toe caps offers equal protection as steel. But they weigh less, are non-metallic, transmit less cold, and corrosion-resistant. The waterproof, aerated membrane has the feet dry while promptly emitting moisture and body heat. In addition, Thorogood roofing shoes are constructed with electric shock-resisting heels and soles.
- Presence of Crosstrex 360 outsole.
- Excellent comfort and fit.
- Sturdy shoes but lightweight.
- The toe box is narrow.
- Thorogood can improve the standard of a safety toe.
10. Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Shoe
For more than a decade, the Merrell Moab has been the top choice of roofers and hikers around the world. It is the chosen one because of its comfort and value for its robustness. First, these roof walking shoes for women have a Vibram sole. Then it features a high-performance rubber sole with supreme durability, required balance and slip resistance. Then the mesh present in the upper part makes these Merrell Women’s shoes more attractive and enhances breathability. Moreover, the targeted heel cushions keep the roofer’s feet at ease. Thus, it reduces the stress on your foot. Finally, women can choose from a wide range of colors as Merrell manufactures different colors of women’s roofing shoes.
- Relieves foot pain and provides excellent arch support.
- Excellent stability and can be worn for long working hours.
- Insole cushioning in the upgraded Merrell model can be improved.
11. Vans Unisex Old Skool Classic Skate Shoes
These skate shoes from Vans are the best roofing shoes to be used in warm conditions. One can choose from several colors and also the upper material of the shoes. This shoe has a rubber sole and its outer surface is made of Suede or canvas. Normally, durable materials that are ideally used by skaters are used. Roofers can also use this on tough shingles. Thus, it does not cause any abrasion. Besides, the additional padding in the tongue and the collars is responsible to provide more comfort to the roofers. It also has an extended side stripe to create a flowing logo ‘V’.
- One of the best skate shoes for roofing.
- Long-lasting and stylish skaters.
- Watch out for the original Vans brand.
12. Salomon Men’s Speedcross 4 Trail Running Shoe
Salomon’s speedcross shoes have a specific foothold which offers an excellent grip while climbing the roofs. They are lightweight and perfect shoes for roofers. So, the monster grip makes them rated as the best steep roofing shoes. They provide a good balance to the roofers and thus prevent them from slipping. Apart from roofers’ runners also benefit from these shoes. With a remarkable grip, these shoes can be used in wet climatic conditions. Therefore, one can use these shoes in trail running, backpacking, mountaineering, or hiking. So, they guarantee a smooth and memorable trip.
- The footbed is well-cushioned.
- Displays excellent durability.
- Best shoes for steep surfaces.
- Not constructed to walk on hard surfaces.
13. Korkers Unisex TuffTrax 3-In-1 Overshoe Sandal
Firstly, in the case of roofing, durable footwear guarantees the safety of the roofer. Korkers’ footwear systems manufacture different types of sandals to ensure better stability on a variety of surfaces. Besides, Korkers’ roofing shoes have a lug sole and are made of rubber. It is designed to offer good traction and versatility. Thus, these Korkers’ roofing shoes perform well in any application irrespective of the job surface. The buckle and strap system is quick to use in any situation. To ensure secure fit there are molded rubber walls at heel, side, and toe. They are designed to adapt to any roofing boots. Roofers who frequently work on metal roofs prefer these Korkers. As a result, they work well on wet surfaces.
- Dependable shoes on metal roofs.
- Phenomenal overshoes to be used with different boots.
- It does not work well on dusty roofs.
14. Thorogood Men’s American Heritage 8″ Moc Toe – Safety Toe
Manufactured in the USA, the Thorogood American Heritage work boots are very famous among the roofers. Roofers take advantage of its breathability and waterproof quality. Roofers might work in any climatic conditions be it cold or hot. So, this Men’s American Heritage 8″ Moc Toe – Safety Toe can be used in extreme conditions. Further, roofers can benefit using these boots on inclined roofs as it provides a strong grip. The cushion footbeds are present and responsible to maintain feet’s comfort. In addition to that, a steel cap is present at the toe to protect the feet from coming in contact with any sharp edges on the roof.
- The wedge style synthetic outsole is slip-resistant.
- Available in two colors.
- Durable unisex roof boots.
- Non-water-resistant shoes.
- Stitching quality can be improved.
15. Adidas Men’s Skateboarding The Busenitz Sneaker
Adidas sneakers are made of 100% Leather and synthetic and come with a rubber sole. These roofing shoes have a customizable tongue that allows roofers to adjust style and fit. Then a Geofit collar is present for comfort and support. Besides, the presence of custom recessed eyelets assists roofers to keep the laces from shredding. The shoe has a hard-wearing textile and synthetic upper. Thus, this combination battles blowouts. Also, it provides you exact control for moving your board.
- Attractive color combo shoes.
- Roofers find it quicker and easier to clean.
- The quality of the shoes can be improved.
16. Timberland PRO Men’s 6″ Pit Boss Soft Toe
Timberland boots are safe, comfortable, and tough. These high-quality leather boots are sturdy and are proficient to resist rough climatic conditions. Besides these work boots exhibit a quick break-in and are very comfortable. The exterior leather is thick and strong with a rubber sole. So, this rubber sole is ensuring excellent traction even on an asphalt roof. However, one of the drawbacks is that the insoles are not comfortable. This Timberland boots are among the PRO collection and is, therefore, one of the significant and most trusted brands for work boots.
- Quick break-in and also reduces foot fatigue.
- Offered in brown and wheat color.
- The quality of the insole is bad.
17. Skechers Men’s Mariner Utility Boot
Skechers are well-known for their high-quality sneakers, but they also manufacture roofing boots. Roofers maintain their stability with the help of the bottom tread which is very thick. One of the negatives is the tongue, which is fixed. As a result, roofers find it is less flexible for the feet. For example, these boots can be used as roof inspection boots as the roofers spend only a small amount of time on the roofs. They are available in various colors like dark brown, black, charcoal, and wheat.
- Solid construction with excellent fit.
- The presence of the logo on the tongue adds extra style.
- Poor heel linings.
- The quality of the leather is poor.
18. EVER BOOTS “Ultra Dry” Men’s Premium Leather Waterproof Work Boots Insulated Rubber Outsole
Ever boots are one of the top-quality boots in the market. The presence of an insulated rubber outsole ensures to keep the feet warm. Moreover, roofers can use them in wet rainy environments as they are water-resistant. Another outstanding feature of these Ever boots is that they have speedy hooks and back loop pull. As a result, this enables easy and quick wear. They are versatile boots and can be used for gardening, heavy-duty construction, landscaping, farming, and outdoor hiking. Therefore, roofers term these boots as sturdy and dense boots due to their durability.
- Insulated lining and water-resistant.
- Lightweight yet sturdy boots.
- Size fits as expected.
- Mandatory period for initial break-in.
19. Red Wing Heritage Men’s Classic Moc 6″ Boot
The Red Wing Heritage Classic boots are first-class striking leather boots. Also, it offers first-rate comfort levels. They are tough enough to survive any rough climatic conditions. One can name it as exclusive shingle roof shoes as the flat rubber outsole offers a solid grip. Besides, these boots are lightweight so that roofers find it easy to carry along. Moreover, it is one of the trusted brands among the roofers and they have the option of picking their favorite color. Yes, Red Wing manufactures shingles roofer boots in seven different colors.
- Excellent quality and fits as expected
- Best cushioned durable work boots
- Bit pricy and takes some time to break-in
- Width near the toes can be improved
20. KEEN Utility Men’s Milwaukee 6″ Steel Toe Work Boot
The presence of Steel Toe makes the Keen Utility Milwaukee Boots very famous among heavy-duty workers. As the tread is strong with toe protection roofers opt for these shoes. The steel toe safeguards the toe and it avoids foot injury and thus improves safety. The only disadvantage for roofers is that they are bulky and tough. It also protects against electric shocks.
- Easy and quick to clean these Keen boots.
- Long-lasting steel toe work boots.
- Clunky construction.
- Keen must improve quality.